Saturday, March 7, 2009

Real Love Stories Don't Have Endings....



so today Bentley and I went shopping. (well daddy came along too, but he left us unattended at the mall for a couple hours)

They started out all dressed to work with Bentley in his coveralls.

One of my favorite things is sitting at the food court and people watching. Its also interesting to try to figure out their stories. Like for instance:

Look at that couple... Do you think they are on their first date?

Are those two girls best friends or sisters? Neither or Both?

She obviously works at the mall, Which store do you think?

Then there was the daddy and his little girl sharing pizza. He was holding a bag from Kay's Jewelers. Birthday present? I'm sorry present? or just because?

You probably think I'm creepy. But not as creepy as the guy with a ladies' undergarment on his head. He looked like a bug. I don't know what his story was. But he was with a large group of people that included gothic freaks and a girl who had her hair died neon green to match her outfit. You know the kind of people that are obviously desperate for attention, but when anyone looks at them they get all bent out of shape.

The most amazing thing was the little blond with perfect hair and clean clothes with 2 kids and a perfect looking husband. Um, I have one kid and I am sitting here, spit up covered and pretty frazled looking. I have to admit, I was almost giddy when her 2 year old had a meltdown. Maybe their family isn't perfect after all?

I also gathered a few more opinions about people in regards to the baby. Their reactions are similar to when I was pregnant. They either fall all over you trying to help, or they fall all over you trying to push you out of thier way.

I thought I was big when i was pregnant! That is NOTHING compared to lugging around a stroller and a big mirror (which was marked down to ONLY $14.99!). Just ask the ladies at Pier 1 imports. But at least I gave them something to do when the whole stack of mirrors and pictures fell over. They came running, but thankfully nothing was broken.

My husband interjects here, Imagine pushing a stroller while pregnant. Imagine pulling a double stroller while pregnant.

Ummm. No.

Anyways. So theres those that can spot the car seat from aisles away. They come RUSHING up to you, and proceed to touch your baby all over. Awww. How old? How much did he weigh? Oh the same as he does now. Whats his name? Puttantane. Do you have anymore? Ya, we left those ones at home.

Then there are those that secretly want to look at your baby. They will STARE intently until you look or speak to them, and then they will look away or ignore you. The funniest example was the women who wanted to look at him, and her mate was like NO, dont even look. But hes cute! No! you are not getting any ideas. I laughed out loud, but the plus size women next to me did not find it funny I guess. Either that or she's blogging about the strange mom in the plus size clothing that was laughing to herself.

Then there are those that have full blown conversations with your baby as if you aren't there. This is the most common. It's fine, but it's akward when they don't say anything to you or look at you funny if you reply.

Then there are those that are full speed ahead. They dont care that you have precious cargo or a stroller. They are annoyed that you are there. They hate crying and they hate you. All they want are costco samples and they will do anything to get them.

Honestly I don't mind. I love showing this bundle of joy to the world. If only they all saw him like I do.

These were quite possibly the best thing to happen to me today. Normally $49.oo

And look at the price tag! These I can't live without. I also couldn't live without the sign that read: "Real Love Stories Don't Have Endings"

But on that note, I end this blog.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day. I like to people watch too. Glad you got some good deals. Sweet pic of the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pics! Awesome deal on the mirror and shoes.. we must go shopping while I'm there lol. People watching is fun LOL. I remember not to long ago being in the mall and watching the people watchers haha. If I were with you when the mirrors fell, I would have been kicked out of the store.. or I should say we both would have been kicked out for laughing so hard lol.

    guess who lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what's going on? We are wondering what happened to this love story that has no ending? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're begging back by popular demand, please what is going on over in your storyland?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! The comments on this page are moderated.