Friday, January 14, 2011

SINCERE: A post generated by a random word

Todays random word from the word generator is SINCERE

To recap I am letting the random word generator pick one word for every day. Whatever this word associates with in my head, I blog about for you to enjoy!

  Sincere \Sin*cere"\, a. [Compar. Sincerer; superl.
   Sincerest.] [L. sincerus, of uncertain origin; the first
   part perhaps akin to sin- in singuli (see Single), and the
   second to cernere to separate (cf. Discern): cf. F.
   sinc[`e]re.]
   1. Pure; unmixed; unadulterated.
      [1913 Webster]

            There is no sincere acid in any animal juice.
                                                  --Arbuthnot.
      [1913 Webster]

            A joy which never was sincere till now. --Dryden.
      [1913 Webster]

   2. Whole; perfect; unhurt; uninjured. [Obs.]
      [1913 Webster]



            A sincere intention of pleasing God in all our
            actions.                              --Law.
      [1913 Webster]

   4. Honest; free from hypocrisy or dissimulation; as, a
      sincere friend; a sincere person.
   

Sin is sin

Cere in its root form means separate. Sincere could also mean separate from
sin. This is so true. I know there have been times when I have not been sincere,
because sin was present in my life! I always feel awkward around other people
that are being sincere when I am in this condition.  Thank God that this condition
 is SO easy to fix! Just getdown on your knees right now! Do it! Get down on your
knees! Now in the loudest voice you can say: "God I am so sorry for what I did!
 (itmight be wise to go into great detail here) Please forgive me right now, and I
PROMISE I will do my best to do better!"

There. Now you can be sincere.

At least until tomorrow.


When we do not have sin in our lives we can be Sincere!

Are you sincere?

Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! The comments on this page are moderated.