Tuesday, January 11, 2011

YOURSELVES: A post generated by a random word

 Yourself \Your*self"\, pron.; pl. Yourselves. [Your + self.]
    An emphasized or reflexive form of the pronoun of the second
    person; -- used as a subject commonly with you; as, you
    yourself shall see it; also, alone in the predicate, either
    in the nominative or objective case; as, you have injured
    yourself.
Exodus 32:29 For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves to day to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.


Consecrate in it's root form:
מלא מלא
mâlê' mâlâ'
maw-lay', maw-law'
A primitive root, to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively): - accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) fully (-ly, -ly set, tale), [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a [hand-] full, + have wholly.

So basically I think this scripture is a lot more powerful than the first time I read it. IF you consecrate yourselves unto the Lord, along with your sons (in this case, this word actually means anyone that comes after you in your family tree), and your brothers (which here means another, or kindred, or brotherly) you will be bestowed a blessing.

Consecrate yourself to Him. Don't just simply give your life to Him or "Accept Him into your heart" Consecrate yourselves to Him along with your family and your church family and you will be blessed!

This word, Consecrate, also means more than just being full, it means being overfull! Oh God, I want to be overfull in you, I want to vow to be Holy like YOU! This doesn't mean that if you simply go to church and pay your tithes you will receive blessings. This means if you go to church and you pay your tithes and you are in love with Jesus you will receive blessings. This means that you communicate with Him everyday.

This week our church is having a week of prayer and fasting. Our prayer is that our church receives a breakthrough and that our Sunday School kids will start receiving the Holy Ghost! Consecrate us! We want your blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Is it not awesome how the Bible reminds us often of simple concepts that make walking for God easy even in the midst of storms. In Exodus 32:19 there are two reminders. One is to train up a child found also in Proverbs 22:6. The other is simple no man is an Island. If I want to make Heaven my home; I can't without the church.
    Now you got me thinking what are some of the blessings of being consecrated.Here's what I thought of...
    If I'm over flowing
    I don't sweat the small stuff
    my own minor faults don't plague me
    I became a blessing to those around me
    it becomes natural to want to give of myself and time.
    People's little quirks don't bug me so much
    The fruits of the spirit begin to bloom in my life
    Others begin to notice that I'm trying to live my life as a real Christian; my life becomes a testimony.
    The list goes on

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome post, Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! The comments on this page are moderated.