My poor baby thinks we're crazy! If we aren't putting things outside we're putting them in a box! I have learned a lot so far.
1. Don't try to remove something without him noticing.
2. Let him play with the the things that are leaving. Chances are you are getting rid of them for a reason and he won't play with them long.
2 Expect him to pick up on your emotions. He is a little human too!
3. Find nonsense jobs. Put these pads of paper in a stack. Move all these shoes into a different box. "Sweep" the floor. He wants to feel like he's helping!
4. Check boxes near where he's playing for thins like food, your keys, random toys, the cat, etc.
5. Try to keep some routine.
6. Talk to him about what's going on. Even if he doesn't understand your words he understands your tone and will usually calm down.
8. A lot!
9. And play good music.
Stay tuned. Here's some pictures.