Sunday, June 12, 2011

I say I am a Christian, Do you?

When I say; 'I am a Christian'

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living''

I'm whispering 'I was lost,

Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble

and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I'm not trying to be strong.

I'm professing that I'm weak and

need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I'm not bragging of success.

I'm admitting I have failed and

need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I'm not claiming to be perfect,

My flaws are far too visible but,

God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I still feel the sting of pain...

I have my share of heartaches,

so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian'

I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner

Who received God's good grace, somehow!

*Unknown*

1 comment:

  1. Actually, No I go through great trails to never claim this title because if my actions aren't testifying to that fact, and I have to proclaim it then it becomes obvious to myself and others that I'm a hypocrite. Study the word Christian/s in the Bible it appears three times first was a simple statement that they where first called christian in Antioch. Then Another time Peter (could be Paul) was writing to the church not worry or become upset if you are called a christian which at the time was a derogatory name. I don't recall the third appearance,but I believe in letting others apply that label to me. But thats not prevailant to what the writer of the poem meant he was saying that the word Christian to him/her is more then putting on a snotty facade of perfection but being a christian is trying to be a follower of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! The comments on this page are moderated.