Friday, April 20, 2012

Where it all began... Part 1 of my Testimoney.

To tell the whole story, I have to start at the beginning. Please note that the only glory I want to bring is to God. I am so thankful that He has allowed me to be where I am today. This series is going to serve 2 purposes. 1. To glorify God, I feel like I need to tell it without shame and  2. Hopefully to help someone come back, or decide to come, or decide not to go.
The night was so dark. I could see a few stars out the car window. God? Are you really up there? Did you really make all this? Can you really use little me? I don't want to miss out on heaven. God, I want the Holy Ghost they talked about tonight!
I don't remember having a huge sin to forgive. I don't think it was hard for me to give everything up. All I had were a few broken toys, and some small hurts. I was 5 years old and the service after that car ride home, I recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. I had repented of what sins I had, and soon was baptized in the name of Jesus. At five years old I understood what Acts 2:38 meant. I could quote it word for word. I witnessed a family full of saints of God. I was privileged to have access to church building, for I spent 8 hours a day with the Pastor and his wife.  These were my grandparents, two of the most Godly people I have ever met in my life. Another two would be my current pastor and his wife.
I could pray in the sacred space we met in, or play under the pews, and I did both. As I got older my cousins and I would play church and have great prayer meetings. The most memorable services of my childhood were some of these! Even at a young age I felt God's hand on my life, constantly drawing me closer to Him.
I also felt an evil spirit constantly trying to drive me away.
~To be continued~

PART 2 HERE: my-testimony-part-2-along-for-ride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! The comments on this page are moderated.